Institution: Východo?eská galerie v Pardubicích/East Bohemian Gallery of Fine Arts in Pardubice
Address: Zámek 3, 5300 Pardubice
Telephone: 0042 0 466 510 003
Fax: 0042 0 466 535 716
The East Bohemian Gallery of Fine Arts was founded in 1954 as a regional gallery. From the beginning the gallery has found its home at the Chateau of Pardubice and in 1972 the gallery obtains also premises in the House "U Jonáse", since that exhibitions are held in both objects.
After 1989, exhibition activities focused on presentation of our almost unknown post-war artists and art groups, which were discriminated by the past regime. The aim of these efforts was to bring the real image of the modern art of past decades to the light.